Developing, maintaining and supporting large, complex, highly distributed, mission-critical applications is extremely challenging. Traditional Application Management approaches are ill-equipped to handle the complexity of today’s application architectures and deployment environments. Splunk provides a better approach, enabling you to find and fix application problems faster to reduce downtime, gain end-to-end operational visibility of your key performance indicators and deliver new insights from your machine data to help the business make better decisions.
Resolve Problems Faster, Reduce Downtime
- Troubleshoot issues quickly, reduce costly escalations, and reduce the mean time to investigate and resolve problems (MTTI/MTTR) by upto 90%
- Provide developers access to production application logs from a central location without having to access production systems (and reducing compliance exceptions
- Monitor your entire application environment in real time to prevent problems from impacting users; retain knowledge from recurring events to prevent outages.
Gain End-To-End Operational Visibility
- Trace and monitor transactions through all the tiers of your distributed application architecture and a wide variety of data sources.
- Detect anomalies or issues in performance, response times and proactively resolve them before they impact application users.
- Monitor key operational metrics such as end-to-end response times, message queue lengths, failed transaction counts, etc. to ensure service levels are met.
- Get real-time operational visibility across your entire IT infrastructure and into any technology without the need for custom parsers or adapters. Typical data sources include:
- Custom application environments – .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby on Rails
- Application servers – WebSphere, Weblogic, Windows Server, JBOSS, Oracle application server, Tomcat, Spring TC Server, Sun Glassfish
- Messaging technologies – IBM MQ series, Tibco ESB
- Database technologies – Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Packaged applications – SAP, Oracle
- Service-Oriented Architecture
Gain New Insights To Help Business Decision Making
- Gain insights into how your end users are using your services, so you can provide better, faster service levels
- Enrich your machine data with non IT sources, such as pricing databases, customer information and location information, and get critical intelligence for your business.
Splunk Is For Developers
If you are a Developer, then you can use Splunk to monitor, debug and troubleshoot applications based on real-time feeds across multiple sources from the same interface. Find out more by looking at the Application Developers section for tips on using logging to not only speed up application development, but also to run business level analytics without needing separate instrumentation or tools.